Friday, April 13, 2012

Perspective

Today I was in get-er-done mode...
and all I could see what the mounds and mounds
of things to needed do. So much to do. SO MUCH.

But following me around was a little 4 year old who didn't like my mode.
We were both getting a little frustrated with each other. So, I (begrudgingly) focused on the few tasks that were necessary for the day...make a few meals for friends in need, be with my children. That's all for today.

And so Elsie and I played in the dirt together. She gathered together all the worms we were finding so that they could be a family. She even sang "You are my Sunshine" while rocking a worm to sleep. We looked at the roly-polys, and let the lady bugs climb up our arms.
It was one of those moments that I want to remember. I soaked up the joy of raising children. I am so thankful that God helped me to have a better perspective on my day today. Thank you Lord.



3 comments:

Mae said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy Elsie. She's so fun.

Faith said...

Love this Megan:)

Brandy said...

Awesome post! So encouraging:)