Thursday, March 01, 2012

Super duper update

Okay people, it is time for this blog to make a comeback! It has been hard to keep up with everything in life for a while but I am feeling like I have more time and can add blogging back in. Plus, I hate that I am not recording some of the precious things happening in the life of our little family! So, I'm not going to try and catch up on all the events I've missed, I'm just going to start up and go for it. So, life right now...

Paxton is precious. He's 8 1/2 months old and growing too fast. He's working on crawling, he can wave (it's a hand in the sky then a slow motion arm movement down and then up), he does the Wood family traditional "How big is Paxton...SOOO big" (we've been working on that so he's ready for his Mimi this month!). He's a champion eater, and it's hilarious to watch him. He picks up food with his fist, squishes it in his hand until the smashed food comes out on top by his thumb, and then eats it up. So cute...so messy. My very favorite thing ever is that when I bring him to his room for bedtime, the second I start singing to him his head drops to my shoulder...I mean the second I sing! It's precious. I love to cuddle him. But then he practically dives out of my arms into his bed after about 2 lines of the song. He sleeps on his tummy, bottom in the air, holding his blanket, sucking his thumb. My heart might burst thinking about how precious these moments in life are!!

Here we are snuggling together. Don't look too close at me...makeup and hairstyles are a rarity right now. But my kids would rather I am with them than primping, right?

OH my dear darling Elsie Mae. She has grown up SOOOO much in this past few months. She is starting to gain some self control, and it has changed her life and ours. She is compassionate and loving. The worst thing in life to her is being left behind, which explains her frantic race to every activity. We say to her, "slow down, we aren't going to do anything without you" a lot and that seems to help. She could watch tv and play computer/wii all day if I let her, but I don't. She loves climbing, running, splashing in puddles, wrestling, and swinging. She is starting to know and write her letters, draw pictures, and sound out words...this is big for her since just 6 months ago I still couldn't get her to sit down for more than 2 minutes. She even sits to listen to several books in a row! Amazing :) She is so fun and funny. If this picture doesn't scream Elsie, I don't know what does :)

Jenna Lynn...she is doing SO well in life right now. She is growing in so many ways, excelling in school, trying new things, kind to her friends, and an all around star in my eyes. She is having a birthday soon...seven! Sigh. I love walking through life with her, and hope she always opens up to me the way she does now. I need to remember to always give her the time and opportunity to do so. Right now, we put the two little kiddos to bed an hour before she goes, and so that is our special time. It's our grown up time together when she does her homework, we play a game that the littles can't play, we talk, we read, we laugh. It is very important and special to her and to us. She's also sensitive to the Gospel and to what God is teaching her. She is precious and working hard to be her best. She wants to be a 1st grade teacher when she grows up.

Below is Elsie looking very grown up. Another thing thing to mention about Elsie is that she went cold turkey on her dee-dee (blankie). We bought her a replacement stufffed animal and threw the two blankies away. She sucked on the corners so they were trashed and always wet, and starting to give her face a rash. Anyways, I was so nervous when we threw them away but she was ready for this big step and said goodbye like a pro.
Yes, I kept a little square for the baby book. It's so sentimental!

My days are spent caring for Weston and Drake three days a week. Elsie loves having her cousins over so much, and it has been a wonderful addition to our days. I love that I can stay home with my own kids, and make some income to help our with our income. We have lots of fun each day. Here they are doing some of their favorite activities...

Crafts...
Angry birds...
Obstacle course...
More crafts...

Paxton enjoys having all the action in the house. The more interactive he becomes, the more the kids enjoy having him around. Here he is doing his new "SOOOOO big!" trick.
Eric is doing well at work, moving up and forward in his career, working hard every day. He is currently at the busiest Sbux in Gresham which has been tough but a good learning experience. We are hopeful that he will move into his own store sooner than later.

We are also doing a new couples marriage Bible study that has been absolutely A-MAZ-ING. Adding a third baby was a harder transition on our family, especially on our marriage, than we were anticipating. So having this study to refocus on the Lord, our marriage, and what the Lord has for us as we raise our children has been perfect for us. It's never a bad time to work on improving a marriage!

So, that is the update on life here at the Wood household!!

3 comments:

one of nettie's girls said...

So excited to read about your lovely family. Thanks for updating. I love the pic of Elsie and her crazy hair!

Mae said...

What a great blog. I love the updates and I LOVE you. You are an amazing daughter-in-love, wife to my best sonny, momma to my darling and adorable grands. I'm grateful you two were able to squeeze in a Bible study. It will indeed enhance your lives in so many ways. I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE you all so much and only wish we lived much closer than we do.
Meems

Faith said...

great post! we are so going to enjoy reading these posts when our kids are older!!!