Friday, October 28, 2011

Eating!

For the past few weeks, Paxton has been pretty cranky at dinner time. So, Eric and I take turns holding him through dinner and we just try to keep him happy until bedtime. Well, then he started opening his mouth every time he saw the spoon near him. And last week, he grabbed a handful of rice off my plate and almost shoved it in his mouth! I grabbed it before he could :) AND he stopped sleeping through the night...he is waking up at about 4am STARVING! So all that to say that we introduced rice cereal last night! Oh my goodness, he LOVED it. He figured the whole eating thing out immediately, and we couldn't get the spoon to him fast enough. It was hilarious. Anyways, here are a few pictures...


And working on rolling over...
(which he did that one night and hasn't done since)
Standing in his new toy (thanks Natalie!)
And showing off his teeth

Paxton and I have a very special bond. He just stares into my eyes when I sing to him, and he smiles when I come into a room. My heart just bursts. I love my kids so much.

5 comments:

Faith said...

oh man. this post kills me! he's so big..eating like a big boy! awesome, and will hopefully help him with his crankiness and sleeping! i remember feeling that bond early on with luke. something about that mother son bond..it's really special. what a sweet boy you have!

CarrieM said...

Roland was like that, starving at 4 months. My girls weren't but then Jack was too! It's funny how much they can like rice cereal at first!

Anonymous said...

He is such a doll. Oh how I love him and miss getting to watch his every move. He's a gift from God to our family.
Ming, You are such a super mommy. Thank you for doing such a fabulous job raising my grand babies. I love you eternally.
Meems

Carrie said...

Megan! You family is so cute! I can't believe Paxton is old enough to eat and have teeth! Call me soon and let's get the girls together for a playdate. It's been a long time since our kids have hung out. You can come visit with me and I can hold your little man while the kids run wild :)

Brandy said...

Wow. That boy sure is darling! I love the last two sentences of your post Meg. I feel the SAME EXACT WAY. I love reading your blog. xo