Tuesday, June 07, 2011

41 weeks

Hmm, 41 weeks. Doctor appointment showed almost no changes. Paxton is still high and posterior. But, so that I am not pregnant with a toddler, we are going to induce tomorrow. My doctor isn't comfortable pushing me much further than 41 weeks, and so it's time. We head to the hospital tonight at 9pm to start a low dose of pitocin. Then in the morning around 5am they will up the dose and I will start walking and moving. The hope is that the contractions that the pitocin causes will bring Paxton down and turn him the right way.

I am not a fan of either of these pictures but here they are. You can really see in the second one how high this little guy is.

Tonight we went to Red Robin for dinner as our last little outing as a family of four. Tomorrow we meet our little Paxton, and we are all ready and excited! Thanks for your prayers!

5 comments:

CarrieM said...

Both of my girls were very high, and when we induced, they dropped right down!

Greg and Andrea said...

I'll be praying for you, Megan, as I'm fairly certain I'll be up with Grant twice tonight. :)Looking forward to hearing about his arrival tomorrow!

Faith said...

SO glad he's almost here. I can't stop thinking about you all!! Love ya and can't wait to meet the little guy:)

Anna Anderson said...

Praying for you now, Megan. Can't wait to hear when Paxton is here safe and sound! :)

Bronwyn said...

Megan, you are a beautiful pregnant Momma!!! Wow! These are great pictures and ones that you'll cherish in years to come. And...this was just yesterday, but as I type this, he's in your arms!!! So excited! Congratulations!