Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Paxton...

Well, here's where we are at with baby Paxton...
1. Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks pregnant! Is that full term or is 38 weeks? Anyways, we are getting really really close. It's hard to believe that we will be holding our first baby boy so soon!
2. I am feeling pretty good. Feeling big and awkward and all that stuff, but I also have a lot of energy for each day and am still able to physically take care of my little family. This is such a blessing. I didn't know what my arthritis was going to be like this pregnancy but I'm so thankful that it has been pretty smooth.
3. I am having occasional contractions but nothing too exciting.
4. I am not really all that emotional when pregnant, but I am a bit irrational and crazy. So I am looking forward to being back to my more rational self once Pax is born (not that it happens immediately, but soon). At least I am aware of my craziness, right? :)
5. Here's his little nursery, all Disney-ed up! We have it about 1/2 done. We are going to borrow a rocking chair and add some more decor. It's fun and bright and lovely.

6. Elsie and Jenna have been asking the question... How does the baby come out? Elsie is asking most of the questions, so I have been giving her answers appropriate for a 3-year old, "When it's time, mom goes to the hospital and God helps the baby come out." (That's the same type of answer I have her when she asked how the baby got in there). Now if Jenna starts seriously asking these questions I will need to be a little more prepared with an age appropriate answer. They are both very excited to meet their baby brother.
7. Next week I have another appointment to check on progress. I am assuming that there won't be much to report and that I will go past my due date, but who knows! I had to be induced with my girls (and my sister had to be induced with all her boys, and my mom never went into labor either!). So we shall see :)

We're about ready for you little Paxton! You are already so loved!

6 comments:

Faith said...

woohoo!!! the room is adorable. is that a map of disneyland? love it. i can't wait to meet little Pax. Love him already:)

Megan said...

Yes, it's a map of Disneyland. Eric has had it for a while and it was all wrinkled, so he painted a board and mod-podged it on! It's cool looking, he did a great job.

keely steger said...

I know everyone says this about pregnancies other than their own, but seriously- it's going by SO fast! :)
I'm so glad that my newest cousin has a name (and I LOVE it!) and can't wait to see pictures of him.
Noah just asked me that same question a few days ago- about how the baby comes out. Oh man, really?

CarrieM said...

I've always just given the real story when it comes to how the baby comes out...I've never been pregnant when I had a three year old, though. I love the color you painted the room. It looks great!

Shellee said...

So happy for you that you're feeling ready. It's nice to have lots of experience, huh? Love that Eric did the map/picture all by himself, what a special thing for Paxton to have!

Mae said...

This Mimi is sooooooo excited to meet baby Paxton. The nursery looks so cute and "Disney" theme is so perfect for my son's first son's room. Yipee! I love you all and can hardly wait to hold him in my arms.