Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nearing the end

Well, I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and found out some frustrating news. First of all, my body is no more dilated than it was 10 days ago. And second, the head was HIGHER than it was last appointment. We couldn't even set an induction date and I am due next week! I tried not to be frustrated, but I won't lie...I cried when I left.


But encouragement from my family and friends reminded me of a few things...
1. Labor can happen quickly. The body can go from nothing to labor in an instant.
2. I could have been given false hope. Some people go in to find they are dilated to a 5, their doctor says something like, "you will go into labor any day now!" but stay pregnant for a couple more weeks.
3. I won't be pregnant forever. Paxton must need more time.

So, I will keep on keeping on. And I will embrace these last days/weeks of being pregnant. This is my last time to feel the kicking and movement inside, so I want to enjoy the miracle that is happening. Thanks Lord for the joys and blessings of motherhood.

6 comments:

Faith said...

"Like"

keely steger said...

It's hard. There's no way around it. It's just plain hard. Praying for you and for a safe and healthy delivery soon!

Greg and Andrea said...

I feel for you! The end is sooooo hard. Good job choosing to focus on the blessings. You'll be holding your sweet baby boy soon!

CarrieM said...

At 40 weeks 4 days, Jack's head was high and to the side, and we still couldn't schedule an induction without risking a C-section. So I decided to wait, and woke up in labor the next morning. We barely made it to the hospital in time! Good luck!

one of nettie's girls said...

Praying for you. Little Paxton will come when he is ready and it will be just the right time.

Tonya said...

SO sorry Megan! That must have been so hard to hear. The end is so tough, the waiting game, and your body is so maxxed out and ready to be done with pregnancy and you just want to meet your precious boy. Praying that things turn around for you really quickly so you can hold him soon! Hang in there, such a wonderful gift you will soon have handed to you!