Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a great Easter at home and then at my parents house as well. And I even remembered the camera! A miracle. Anyways, we had a nice morning opening Easter baskets - Elsie got a few eggs filled with candy and some playdough and Jenna got a new Adventures in Odyssey cd and some candy eggs as well. We keep it pretty simple. Then off to church where the girls sang on stage with all the kids. There were SO MANY KIDS on stage! It's amazing to think back four years ago when we had the kids first perform for Easter or Christmas (I can't remember) where I think there were about 8 kids on the risers. As the church has grown, the children have multiplied. I would guess there were 60 kids on stage this year! So that was really fun. After church we headed to my parents house for a feast and tons of fun. My parents had a basket hunt set up for the kids, and then an amazing dinner, and then we had the (indoor) egg hunt. The kids had a blast and ate a ton of candy and sugar and treats. I am so thankful for my family and the relationships these kids have with one another. The giggles are priceless.


Elsie wanted to stop to look inside (and eat) each egg she found but eventually she caught on to the idea of racing around to get find more eggs. Here she is posing for the camera...
Davis found the "golden egg" which was filled with 5 gold dollars!
Elsie, showing me her loot...
Jenna, too focused on the hunt to look at me and smile :)
Sorting through her eggs...
All the kids discovering the candy and coins together. Davis found the most eggs and was careful to share his overflowing baskets with everyone so that all had equal amounts. What a superstar oldest cousin!
And here's everyone. I can hardly believe that we caught a picture of everyone smiling! Amazing!! I love how Drake is crossing his arms. He's really becoming one of the "big kids".

By the way, Drake and Elsie - two very strong personalities - have become best little buds lately! It is so very fun to see! My favorite two moments...
1. Elsie found a tissue and mothered Drake by wiping his nose. She had the tissue to his face and he was saying, "nose? nose?". It was so cute.
2. Elsie changed out of her dress and into play clothes and she said, "Drake, do I look pretty?" And he looked at her with a tilted head and said, "Ummm, yep!". And off they went to play together.

And now our house is FULL of leftovers, and overflowing with candy. And just for the record, the weeks leading up to Easter we spent a lot of time talking about what Easter means and focused on Jesus. The eggs and candy just make the celebration of Jesus that much better :)

3 comments:

Faith said...

So cute. Love the pictures and love the stories about Elsie and Drake. So fun.

Shellee said...

So sweet!! I love watching my girls with their cousins. It's so cool as they get older how their relationships change. Natalie and Renee have always been so close (and they still are), but now Renee is starting to take Maggie under her wing. It's so fun!

CarrieM said...

Love the Easter cousin pics. I have a few cute ones of us from once upon a time.