Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Things to remember

Elsie is very observant, and it shows up in such funny ways. Mix an observant eye with a funny three year old and you get some comedy!


Today she was telling me this long story about how she needed help in the middle of the night, and how she thought it was me who came in to take her potty but it was dad, blah blah...and then she asked, "and why does daddy's underwear have pockets?" I was cracking up.

Then today she leaned in for a kiss and said, "no mom, I want to kiss like a princess." She turned her head at an angle and gave me a big old 'princess smooch!' Wow kiddo!

Another Elsie story... today I made her a lunch that she didn't like too much. So while I was on the phone, she left the table, pushed the chair over to the counter, and started making herself a pb& j sandwich! She is so independent.

Jenna has been really clingy lately, needing a lot more mommy time than normal. Maybe it's because she's been sick, or maybe she's lonely since it's spring break and she isn't around her friends. Either way, she has needed a lot of attention. So, we've been playing games and doing puzzles and doing projects together. She is literally at my heels all day right now :) Anyways, I taught her to play Yahtzee a couple weeks ago and it's been a blast! She is getting to the age where we get to play fun games that we both really enjoy!. How great is that! She is my little buddy :)

Baby boy has been moving like crazy. It's amazing to feel him move and to wonder what this little kiddo is going to be like. No name yet, but we are getting closer. And we have made some progress in preparations! Last weekend we painted his room, and today Eric started setting up the crib! We'll be ready little guy. The girls can't wait!


0 comments: