Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fish Tacos

I know that not everyone out there likes fish tacos, but we love them. And this is an EASY and DELISH recipe I found a while back that I thought I would share. It takes no time at all and is so fresh and flavorful. I hope you enjoy!

Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Lime

1 pound boneless, skinless tilapia filets, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 T olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 lime, half finely zested and juiced, half cut into wedges
hot sauce, such as tobasco
12 corn tortillas
1/2 small head of red or green cabbage thinly sliced
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1-2 small tomatoes, chopped

1. Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. Pat fish dry with paper towels and gently coate iwth oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is browned on top and flesh is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest and juice, and a few dashes hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Soften corn tortialls (toaster oven for a bit or microwave for a minute or so wrapped in a paper towel).

3. Divide fish evenly among among tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro, tomato and onion. Serve with lime sour cream and lime wedges.

Serves 4. About 120 calories per taco.
(Gluten free, and can also be dairy free if you use a substitute sour cream!)
Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Lime Recipe
(I forgot to take a picture, so this from the Everyday Food website - Martha Stewart - which is where I got the recipe)

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Awwww, cute new header picture! I love the sound of this recipe - I think I even have all the ingredients on hand - tomorrow night we're going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing! Have I told you how excited I am that you're having a boy? woo-hoo! You guys are awesome parents!

-The Riegelmann Family- said...

Megan we LOVE fish tacos as well and these sound pretty similar to the ones we make but I make a tangy sauce that you should definitely try! I don't measure anything but it has roughly equal parts of sour cream and vinegar and then I season it with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and onion powder. And we love to use it afterwards on quesadillas! Hope you like it, let me know what you think! :)

Megan said...

Ginger, I hope you liked it! It has ingredients we normally have around the house too, which makes it an easy go to meal. And Holly, that sounds so yummy! I will have to give it a try sometime! Thanks for sharing!