Thursday, November 04, 2010

A miracle

It was a rough night, the kids were fighting about teeth brushing and blankets and who was going to give who a kiss first and pretty much everything they could think to fight about. And there was also lots of disobedience and then some frustration on my part all leading to a bed time miracle.


I can't remember the exact words I prayed for the girls after the rough evening, but it was something along the lines of "God help us to follow you, and to choose what is right, and to listen to our hearts..." Well after we said amen, Jenna asked what it means to listen to your heart. So I explained that when you believe in Jesus and ask Him to forgive you, he sends the Holy Spirit to live in you to help you and to guide you. And that if you listen close you can hear the help of the Holy Spirit. Then she said, "What if you never did that?" And so I told her that if you didn't ask Jesus to forgive you and come in your life that you didn't have the Holy Spirit. She then said, "mom, can I pray?"

So she prayed, "Jesus, please forgive me and come into my heart. Amen"

And the angels (and her mom and dad) rejoiced greatly at her new faith.

12 comments:

Faith said...

shivers.

one of nettie's girls said...

What a great way to end my evening! That is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Her Aunt Pam is rejoicing, too. Isn't it amazing how one moment can change everything!

keely steger said...

So.Awesome.

Cari said...

PRECIOUS!!! Welcome to the family of God, Jenna!! :)

Mae said...

Priceless! Welcome home precious Jenna. Jesus will always help you to do the right things in life and to help you obey your mommy and daddy. Jesus will help you love sweet Elise in a way that is almost magical. I love you more than words and am rejoicing over your salvation.
You are my most precious gift from God.

Jeremy and RaeAnn said...

Welling up with tears right now!

Brandy said...

amazing.

Jenne said...

tears and goosebumps

Ginger said...

Awesome! Way to go Momma on not being so fed up with a tiring evening to have missed such a wonderful opportunity.

Shellee said...

Tears!!

Bruce said...

John said it, and I agree 100% - "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the truth."