Sunday, September 12, 2010

To Jenna

Jenna,


Tomorrow you start Kindergarden. You are so excited - eager to go to bed, outfit picked out, backpack packed! This last summer you went from being terrified of the thought of going to school to totally excited and ready for the adventures kindergarden will hold. I am very proud of you and thrilled for all that will come as you slowly spread your wings.

You are not on your own on this journey. I am here, always here for you (daddy too!). I am going to pray for you through each challenge and new day. I am here to listen and to teach, and to help you figure out how to live life, love others, be compassionate, and live for Christ out in the world.

My prayer for you this year is that your faith in Christ will grow. I pray that you will grow in wisdom of the Lord as you seek to know what is right versus what is wrong. And that you will grow in love for Jesus and for others.

I pray that God will clothe you with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience (Colossians 3:12). I pray God will comfort you in all your troubles, so that you may comfort those in any trouble with the comfort you have received from our precious Lord. And I pray that you will follow the Lord and be compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in love (Psalm 103:8).

I'm here for you kid, the whole family is. God is on your side, and if He is for you then who can be against you!? Be strong, love with your whole heart, and have a blast this year in Mrs. Cohen's class.

Love and hugs and kisses,
Mom
P.S. Don't grow up too fast. It's too hard on your mama!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Okay, totally almost lost it.

So sweet Megan.

one of nettie's girls said...

It has been wonderful to see God answer our prayers about her school anxiety. How exciting to know that even before she started school He was leading her to love it. You need to join a Moms in Touch group or start one yourself. It is a blessing to pray with other moms for your children.

Mark and Shari said...

What an amazing prayer to pray for Jenna! Shari

Mae said...

How precious. I join you in prayer over our most precious gift from God. A brand new adventure of learning has just begun. God is in control and I get excited to see and hear and experience just how God will grow Jenna this school year and how He will use her to help others as her daddy was used to help others in kindergarten. She is so very smart. Her reading excels many her age and I pray that because of her ability to read that many others will grasp the importance of reading through Jenna.
Lord, bless and keep our precious Jenna under the wings of your protection as she steps out to be used greatly by You.
I agree--it's very hard on her mommy and her mimi to watch her grow so quickly.
I love my Jenna with all my heart.
Her OK Mimi--soon to be her West Coast Mimi