Thursday, September 16, 2010

One Thousand Gifts

I missed posting these on Monday, but I will give myself some grace since that was Jenna's first day of school. I have been thinking a lot this week about my neighborhood and how thankful I am to be part of a group of homes that aren't perfect but that open their doors to one another. It is ugly sometimes, but I think that God can do a miracle if we are open to loving those around us and sharing the Truth with our neighbors. So, here is a list of the things I am thankful for right here in my neighborhood...

13. Opportunities to share Jesus' love and Truth with kids that have never heard of God.

14. Being home and available to help and love my neighbors.

15. The teaching moments that come from neighborhood interactions.

16. Neighbors who will take care and keep an eye on our home when we are on vacation.

17. Neighbors who went from never speaking to us to chatting over the fence.

18. The opportunity to love a rough kid who needs love and encouragement more than I even
realize.

19. Lots of laughter and fun in my home when the neighbor kids are here.

20. The hope that God will use us in the lives of our neighbors, and that through the grace of God they will come to know the saving Truth that Jesus is what is missing in their lives.

I am thankful for these blessings and confess that sometimes I forget that they ARE blessings.

holy experience

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.