Tuesday, September 14, 2010

At home with Elsie

The first day that Jenna went to school I did some home school with Elsie Mae. She really enjoyed it and needed lots of interaction and attention. She did a great job learning and had a lot of fun with the different stuff I planned. But staying at home with Elsie is an adventure. Our first adventure was when she was helping me make bread. I turned my head for a moment and looked back to see her dumping the whole box of baking soda into the bowl ("there we go" she said) on top of the flour. Oops. And when teaching her the letter "A" I showed her the letter and then taught her the sound and we said "A" together a bunch of times and then I pointed to the "A" and asked, "what letter is this?" and she said, "B". Several times. So we started over. It's fun though. It's nice to get to know her better, to focus on training her alone, and to teach her one on one. I love it, though I think it might drive me crazy some days :)



And since this post is focused on Elsie, here's a (one sided) conversation that I just overheard...
Elsie: "Dad, dad, dad, are you awake dad? Are you awake Dad? Dad, are you awake? Dad? Are you asleep? Dad are you sleeping? Eenie-meenie-miney-moe, catch a tiger by his toe. If he hollers let him pay, 50 dollars every day. My mom and dad said I was right so I am right, you're asleep!"

He may have been asleep, but by the end of eenie meenie I'm sure he was smiling :)


4 comments:

one of nettie's girls said...

She is going to keep you hopping! It will be fun to see how your relationship with her changes.

Mae said...

Our Elsie is such a hoot. You never know what she will say...such as B,B,B. when you know she knew it was an A.
I see the Wood humor in her so many times.
I love her to pieces--her own little self and all.
MIMI

Mae said...

Our Elsie is such a hoot. You never know what she will say...such as B,B,B. when you know she knew it was an A.
I see the Wood humor in her so many times.
I love her to pieces--her own little self and all.
MIMI

Keri said...

She is too much! You should post that video of her singing. So precious!