Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2-wheels!

Today Jenna learned to ride without training wheels! She was so nervous. We have been practicing with training wheels all summer, and they were so high off the pavement that they rarely touched when she rode, but she was so scared to take them off! Finally today, I bribed her. I told her that if she tried to ride without training wheels for 5 minutes she could have a cookie. Her eyes got big and she said OK! I ran alongside her for a little while and then let go and she was off! Here is a little video. As you can see, all the neighborhood kids were there to celebrate with her.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

sniff, sniff! I think I got a little misty-eyed. One more step towards independence. Hooray!

Poppy said...

What a girl! Way to go, Jenna. I'm proud of you.

one of nettie's girls said...

That was awesome Jenna! You are such a big girl.