Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Randomness galore...

1. I took my car in for an oil change at Walmart today and they called me back during the service. " Mrs. Wood, you need to see this" they said. Turns out a rodent has made a home in my car engine! AHHHHHHHHHHH! The whole way home I was terrified that the rodent was going to run over my feet while I was driving. I don't know what to do, but I have two cats that need to get their act together!!


2. A household tip I recently started using... fold your sheet set and then place it all nicely in that set's pillow case! Then when you go to change the sheets, you grab the bundle and go! Keeps things very nice and organized in the linen closet!

3. For next Easter... Put your hard boiled eggs inside a whisk and then let your kids dip them in the dye! No more eggs falling off of those awkward little egg holders, and no more orange and purple dyed hands from kids dropping eggs in and diving in after them!

4. A quote C.J. Mahaney to share from his book "A Cross Centered Life" when speaking about why he teaching his 9 year old about the wrath of God...
"Only when we understand God's wrath toward sin can
we realize that we need to be saved from it. Only when
we hear the very bad news that we're deserving of
judgment can we appreciate the very good news that
God has provided salvation through His Son."

5. I may just sell our car. Seriously, this is disturbing me! Anyone in the market for a '99 Toyota? Comes with a friend for free!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

1. I'm standing on a chair squealing!!!! (not really)
2. What a brilliant and simple idea!
3. Gotta remember that for next year!
4. Thank you for sharing. I was talking with a Mom the other day and she was saying how she doesn't want her child to be afraid of God. I had to disagree and say I think there is a place for healthy fear, it's the beginning of wisdom. Respect, fall on your face because HE is HOLY! Thanks for sharing!

ps - I love random. :)

ang said...

I love random too! Except now I'm nervous to drive my own car. Thanks a LOT. :)