Friday, December 04, 2009

30

The big 3-0 has come. I decided to make a bit of a memory on my blog about myself. Normally this blog is all about my kids, but I thought it would be good to have something like this so I can read it again in 10 years and remember. A few serious, a few random, and a few facts. So, here's my list of 30 things to share...

1. I am ready for 30. I like 30 already.
2. I hate soggy bread in the sink. Shoving it down the drain is the grossest thing ever.
3. I love my girls so much. Jenna and I laugh together all the time, and connect well. Elsie is so fun to get to know, she cracks me up.
4. My husband is incredible. Seriously IN-CRE-DI-BLE. I am so blessed. We have come a long way in our 6.5 years of marriage, and every step along the way has been great.
5. I don't like walking down dark hallways.
6. Someday I hope we can take the kids to Disneyland.
7. More then ever before, my hope is in God.
8. I am a smaller size than I was in high school.
9. My favorite thing about our house is the garden. And the warmth found inside. And the closeness. And the smallness. Sometimes the smallness gets to me, but mostly it is perfect.
10. Ten years ago I was in college, wondering what in the world my life would look like. Now here I am. Some things are just like I pictured, some things are better by far, some things are more challenging then I ever imagined.
11. I love Survivor and The Office. I also like New Adventures of Old Christine and Big Bang Theory. I like relaxing by laughing.
12. I'm a lot less judgmental than I used to be.
13. I worry less and less with each passing year. Not because there is less to worry about, but because I believe more and more that God loves me and has a perfect plan.
14. I am a way better cook than I used to be. But I have a lot of room to grow.
15. I changed my major in college from elementary education to Biblical exposition. But I do both skills every day for my girls and for myself.
16. I wish I could sew more than a just straight line.
17. I coupon. I am a crazy coupon lady. But I am not super insane coupon lady, just a little crazy.
18. I have changed approximately 7,300 diapers so far. Wow, did I do that math right? Wow.
19. I have/had several side jobs while staying home with the kids - house cleaning, child care, secret shopper, garden center
20. I stretch gift cards like nobodies business. Yesterday for my pre-birthday I went shopping and used a gift card that was given to me LAST birthday. I love the challenge of making money stretch
21. I take the girls to the library often. I have a book called Honey for A Child's Heart that gives suggestions of age appropriate excellent books. I put a few of those on hold, let the kids pick some, and then we are off. I hope my kids love to read.
22. I am not as patient as I used to be. But then again, I have never had my patience tested so much as I have this last year. Maybe I was always impatient but just didn't know it. Love is patient, so I will continue to pursue love and give more and more patience by the grace and strength of God who has such amazing patience with me.
23. I haven't snow skied for years, but I have kept up with water skiing.
24. When I become a mother-in-law, I want to be just like my mother-in-law. She and Poppy both support us and care for us and love us so much.
25. I have an amazing extended family that I love so much. My parents and awesome, my sister and brother in law are great friends to us, all my in-laws in California and Oklahoma are wonderful, my aunts and uncles are cousins are great, my nephews are hilarious and such good friends with my girls. I love family.
26. We hope to become foster parents in the next year. We look forward to the opportunity to help kids in need of a temporary or permanent home.
27. Being a part of a church plant has been the biggest means for growth ever.
28. My rheumatoid arthritis is not so bad. I give myself a shot of Enbrel once a week and I feel really good. I really don't like giving myself a shot, but it is worth it.
29. I pray my girls become as close of friends as my sister and I are.
30. I can't wait to see what these next 10 years hold!

4 comments:

keely steger said...

Loved reading this and learning more about you. Wish we could be closer and learn more about you in person...maybe someday.

Happy belated birthday!

Carrie said...

Great post, Megan! I learned several new things about you. I hope to learn more over the years as we grow and serve in the same circles (Lord willing).

Anonymous said...

great list

Jenne said...

2. This reminds me of the upside of not having a disposal. Cuz that's gross!

5. Dark hallways, huh? I didn't know that one. But I sympathize.

13. I have grown in my love for the Lord (and for you) just watching and listening to you work through tough things. You have ministered to me. (And I repeat: don't think for a moment that you sharing burdens with me is the same as complaining. Please-Please-Please!)

17. favorite line: ...But I am not super insane coupon lady...

21. I am so glad that book comes in handy!

29. I hope the same thing for your girls. Our friendship is the best, huh?!

Love you, sis!