Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happenings...

I haven't posted pictures in a while, so I thought I would do that today to give a little update on what's going on around here...


Jenna's creativity has been increasing at a rapid pace. She is learning and exploring and enjoying all kids of new things. It's always amazing to watch her mind grow.
She enjoys playing playdoh with her sis, and coloring and writing and is really starting to read. She spends more and more time imagining and pretending during her rest time. She and Eric have been reading through the Jesus Storybook Bible again and they are both loving every moment of this daddy/daughter special time.
They aren't perfect, but they are becoming good little friends. Sure there are arguments and hair pulling and screaming on occasion, but for the most part they enjoy playing together! I wasn't sure the day would ever come :) I am doing my best to encourage a long lasting relationship for these two sisters.

We have been babysitting our buddies Josh and Caleb a little bit this month. It has been so much fun having them here. We do some pre-school that even the little ones enjoy, we learn a verse and do art projects and they have free play time. It has been so much fun. I love how they are all playing together here...
And this picture cracks me up! Elsie is giving a funny face while playing the guitar, Josh has made the vacuum into the rockin-ist guitar you have ever seen, and Caleb is mid summersault flip!
We moved Elsie into a big girl bed! Honetly I wasn't sure we would ever move her out of the crib! But since she started climbing out of her crib around 30 times every bedtime, we thought we may as well make the transition! And by God's grace, things are going quite well.
So, this summer I was mowing the lawn and I ran over a rock. Well that rock went shooting out of the mower, straight through our window. So, replacing the windows in our house has begun. One window at a time. Or maybe just this one window :)
It is so beautiful. Our friend Greg came over and helped/taught Eric how to replace windows so when it is time for the next one, we are ready to go!
And that pretty much catches you up on life around here!

1 comments:

one of nettie's girls said...

You inspire me! You have so much energy and love and creativity. What lucky and blessed children.