Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Recent projects and fun...

We're having a great start to fall this year. The weather turned COLD recently, the leaves are changing, and fall is here. It's really nice. Hats and coats and gloves, lots of indoor creative (and messy) projects for the kids. New endeavors for me. Anyways, I don't have much time so I will get on with it...

I did this same technique last year and it worked beautifully, so I did it again. Most of my tomatoes started losing sun about a month ago because of their new location, so I have a lot of greenish ones to save and ripen in my garage. Exciting!
We went for a COLD (short) walk yesterday to collect leaves for Jenna's special book (it is a photo album - basically the start of a scrap book). Here's Elsie all bundled up...
And Jenna, all colorful and warm and ready for the walk...
And here is a dragon that we made out of all kinds of recycling stuff.

So far, fall has been great. More pictures and fun to come! This Saturday we are going to the pumpkin patch to explore the corn maze, and I think that we are going to carve some of our homegrown pumpkins tonight! Fun fun!

2 comments:

Jenne said...

Oh my goodness! that dragon is amazing!! Can my boys come over for craft time next week???!?!

Bruce said...

How fun is that? Great job on the art. I got the drawings in the mail. Thanks, girls. They are great. I wub woo.