Monday, August 17, 2009

Tomato basil pasta

The other day I made this recipe and I just have to share it! I was cooking for a potluck, and I know it is wrong to try a new recipe to bring to such a food centered activity, but I did. You see, I forgot that I needed to make a main dish, and so I had to be creative with what I had in my cupboards and in my garden. So let me tell you... garden to the rescue! Fresh tomatoes plus fresh basil can make ANYTHING taste amazing. So, if you have lots of tomatoes, lots of basil, and are tired of bruschetta for dinner (which is impossible, but maybe you are ready to venture past bread), then this is the recipe for you! Yum.

Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe
(I used spaghetti noodles, broken into 2-3 inch pieces, and about 1/2 the cheese it called for, not because I am anti-fusilli or trying to cut calories, that's simply all I had.)

2 comments:

Ginger@chirgies said...

Yum! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the link. :)

Mae said...

ummmmm it sounds delish, Megan.