Sunday, June 28, 2009

While we were out...

While Eric and I were in Palm Springs, Eric's mom came to stay with the girls. Whenever Mae (and Bruce) is here, amazing things happen in our home. A TV will magically appear mounted on the fireplace, a new dryer will show up in the laundry room, a messy cupboard or drawer will mysteriously get organized...it is fantastic! Anyways, this magic happened yet again while she was in our home. And you will be amazed, as were we, when I tell you what Eric's mom was able to accomplish in our home in the 5 days we were gone (while taking EXCELLENT care of our two active little girls!).



#1: She build the girls a playhouse. It is so adorable, and is still providing the girls with hours of outdoor fun! She and screwed and drilled and glued and shimmied and maneuvered the whole thing almost entirely by herself. Impressive!

#2: She bought and installed for us a new garbage disposal AND a new dishwasher! Oh. My. Gracious. I. Love. Them. We once again have a fully functioning kitchen.

She also had the house clean and tidy, the laundry done, a few new cupboards organized, and probably a few other things that I haven't even discovered yet!


She's amazing, huh. We sure think so, and so do two little girls who miss her (AND Papa) with all their hearts on a daily basis. Thanks Mimi. We are so blessed by your kindness and your hard work. We love you!



6 comments:

Jenne said...

That last shot looks like a picture straight out of a storybook or magazine. So perfect!

one of nettie's girls said...

Mae is the greatest! Bruce isn't so bad either.

Faith said...

Wow. What a busy woman. That's great..how generous. The house is great (I wanted one sooo bad growing up) and I am mostly excited that you have a full kitchen back! What a blessing.

Irene said...

Mimi is AMAZING! You are so blessed:)

Mae said...

MIngy: It was my pleasure and honor to be able to help you and my son out in the kitchen and an even greater honor and privilege to be with my girls 24/7 for 4 days in a row. We made so many memories and had so much fun. I'm so happy that the girls love their new little home. Jenna said to me "Mimi, you go inside your big house and I will go inside my house and you come and knock on my door." Precious memories and I thank you for giving those to me. I love you 4 more than words could ever explain....and so does poppa.

ang said...

My boys are excited to come over and play! Good job, Mimi!