Friday, June 26, 2009

My Garden

Gardening brings me so much happiness!! I love it. The more I do it, the more I love it. My yard is slowly becoming entirely edible. Here are some pictures, as well as some info I want to remind myself of for next season...


Little tiny cucumber.
Reminder for next year:
Plant plenty of seeds straight in garden (don't need to grow indoors), water daily to feed their shallow root system.

The garden, messy but lovely.

Strawberries
I planted the offshoots for the first time.
Reminder: Next year plant the shoot in a pot and when it roots, transplant it to a different part of the yard.

New place for my tomatoes
So far this is a good area. Lots of slugs, but good sun and soil.

Yum.

We planted an apple tree this year, and this is our first (and only) apple!
Reminder: Next year early spring plant another fruit tree in the front yard.

Front yard garden. Remember the huge tree that fell? Here's what we replaced it with - three blueberry bushes, an apple tree, and 4 kinds of squash!

Jenna in her garden. She is so proud.
I put those blocks in the ground and put one as a chair so that she can be in the garden without accidentally stepping all over her produce.

4 comments:

Faith said...

Looks great! I am going to post pics of my garden soon! It's so fun!!

Irene said...

Your garden is beautiful, so inspirational and economical. Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

this is my first year, and I'm quite happy so far--I'm getting a couple zucs per day! (they started out tiny, but are getting bigger), and the sun is finally coming out here, so my tomatoes are finally turning red! I feel so weird being so excited about plants, but I just posted my garden, too!
I love how excited the kids get, too--even Elena understands and gets so excited looking for the "hidden" veggies!

Jenne said...

bea.u.tiful!