Sunday, June 21, 2009

Finally, Palm Springs...





Well, I don't feel like I can possibly sum up our trip to Palm Springs in a blog post but I will try. This will give you a little taste of our time and my heart...

The reason we went to Palm Springs was for a conference called Resolved. The idea of the conference comes from Jonathan Edwards, a strong Christian man who at the age of 18 'resolved' to live more like Christ in 70 very specific resolutions. The conference is for youth (yes, we are still youthful) aged 18-30 (okay, we are barely youthful). We were joined by 4,000 other believers in Jesus Christ to learn more about God and move forward in our faith, and to ourselves RESOLVE to follow Christ more. I can't sum it up, I really can't. BUT, I will try. What happened over all was two things. First of all, my view of God was MAGNIFIED. God is so much bigger than my little brain allows him to be. And this Almighty Creator of the universe is working ALL things (good and bad) together for GOOD. To God be the glory. The second thing that was impactful was the worship. It was absolutely heavenly to sing LOUD, HEARTFELT praised to God with 4,000 people. It was powerful to sing with that many voices, hymns that are so full of truth about Jesus and what He did for us. Amazing. Eric and I have made some changes in our life, in our marriage, in how we are raising our children. We are inspired and were reminded in a huge way that as we serve God we are having an eternal impact and being used by God and it is the best most peaceful place to be. And I want my life, our life to reflect that truth.

Anyways, if you are still reading, I commend you. You can listen to the resolved conference online now. And you really should. Piper, Mahaney and Lawson were my favorites. At least listen to the two Piper sermons. You won't regret it :)

3 comments:

Jenne said...

First, you are beautiful!
Second, I can't wait to get details on what changes you are making to your marriage and in your parenting. I could use some sharpening!

one of nettie's girls said...

It sounds wonderful. I'm glad you got to attend.

keely steger said...

What a great opportunity for you guys. I hope you'll share more details as well!