Monday, March 16, 2009

The big hair cut!

One of the many exciting things that happened this past birthday week was a big hair cut for Jenna! She had been asking for a hair cut for a while now, and since Mimi (Eric's mom) was in town and Mimi cuts hair we thought now was the best time to go for it! One of my favorite comments Jenna had after the cut was, in a very excited voice, "MOM!! Mimi cut all my tangles out!!". I think that we might go even shorter next time Mimi is in town, once the bangs have grown out to shoulder length. Right now they are about at her chin.



The rest of our visit with Mimi and Aunt Keri was great. Well, except for the fact that both girls got REALLY sick. I mean really sick :( They both had fevers, coughs, and extremely tired eyes. Jenna kept saying, "it's so bright in here!". I think she had a headache. Elsie took three naps yesterday and Jenna took a 4 hour nap on Saturday. Poor girls. I think they are almost over it. But we still had fun together. Lots of hanging out at home playing and reading, but still a good time. Mandy and Ireland came to visit one night too, and they all sent Eric and I away over night for our anniversary. It was WONDERFUL. Very very wonderful. P.F. Chang's, the Governor Hotel, downtown shopping, excellent conversation, rest and relaxation, time together. Wonderful.

5 comments:

Jenne said...

Jenna! You look so great with your new haircut!! Aunt Jenne and all her boys MISS YOU! (It's been a whole week away you know.) Glad you are feeling better. See you soon.

Mae said...

I already miss you all so much and dread waking up without precious little Elsie and Jenna. I'm so glad you and Eric got to get away and rest and just be together and I absolutely loved hugging on our babies. It was a special evening for me--even if I missed some sleep--I got to have Elsie time and Jenna time and it was priceless.
Thanks again for a memorable fabulous trip.
I love Jenna's haircut. And yes, Mimi did cut most all the tangles away...

Irene said...

Jenna's hair is so cute! It is so hard for me to get Julia's hair cut...for now it's staying long. Oh and how wonderful for your night away, that is the best:)

Tonya said...

Its just so cute! Hope they are both feeling better, I HATE fevers! You just never know what is causing them!

Faith said...

JENNA!! You look so much older and just beautiful!! I love it.

Hope the girls are better. We missed Jenna today.

Glad you had such a wonderful getaway..what a treat. PF Changs..yum. Did you have lettuce wraps? I missed you girls tonight. Hope it was good.