Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So sad

Two sad stories...

1. At the children's museum Jenna came up to me and whispered in my ear, "that girl said to me 'that's mine you weird girl'". Oh she had such a sad look on her face. I wanted to say, "what girl was it? I'll take care of this!" But it's slowly time for Jenna to handle these situations on her own. I gave her some ideas and a hug and sent her off. Sigh.

2. At the park there was a little boy who disobeyed. His mom said, and I quote, "get over here right now or I'll KICK you." And I think she would have. The whole park was staring at her. I was ready to call the authorities if anything happened. Maybe I should have anyways. She seemed so mean.

Anyways, the world is a sad, hard place that needs the love and forgiveness of God. I am glad that there is more to life than this world, and that in heaven our tears will be wiped away. But for now, we are here and figuring out how to best be in the world but not of the world.

6 comments:

HollyGoLightly said...

Oh Megan - those ARE sad stories. Sometimes it's so hard that we individually don't have the power to fix all that stuff - it can be overwhelming...but there are a lot of great things too!

Ben & Tera said...

ugh. lump in my throat.

one of nettie's girls said...

The HARDEST thing for a mom is to let her children start fighting their own battles. But, you are smart to talk to her about it. Sometimes it helps to talk to them about why other kids might say such things. It's important for them to develop empathy for others who are not as fortunate to have a loving family and home.

Faith said...

KICK YOU?!?! What is she thinking?? Wow..it's going to be hard to let our babies out into this ugly world..it's so nice having this little bubble of protection over them! Thankfully we have a powerful and loving God that will always be watching over them when we can't:)

Brandy said...

yuk. those made me tear up. i want to kick that girl that called your sweet little princess wierd.

Jenne said...

Its astonishing what goes on in other people's homes.

Isn't that "mamma bear" instinct POWERFUL!?! Turns out the "auntie bear" instinct is pretty powerful, too. I've got my dukes up.