Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pneumonia Update and a Success story!

Elsie is getting a little better each day. She isn't quite back to herself, but she's close :) Oh she was so sick! Poor little girl. Here's a little progression for you...

Sad sick girlie...
Feeling better and smiling
Yep, the antibiotics are working and she's feeling better and better.


Next, Jenna. For a few weeks now we have been working on a sticker chart on her door. The "I STAYED IN BED ALL NIGHT" chart! There was a while there that Jenna would get out of bed and come into our room 5-6 times per night, just to say something like, "mom, will you carry me back to bed", or "mom I need my blankie snuggled again, or "mom, I need you to tuck me back it". Sweetie, if you would just stay in bed, all these problems would disappear. It's as if the moment she would wake up in the middle of the night she would immediately jump out of bed and come into our room. So in an effort to break her of this habit, we started the chart. (Breaking her of this habit would in turn give her a better night sleep, and her parents too!). Yesterday, she completed the chart and received the prize - 4 princess paper dolls. It was a very special moment for her and for the whole family. It took about 3 weeks to accomplish it, but it seems that the habit is broken and everyone is sleeping better. Here she is, oh so proud!




5 comments:

Faith said...

So glad Elsie is better...I've been praying! Peyton has that same outfit Elsie has on! Also, I'm so glad for all your sake, but mostly for you and Eric, that Jenna has broken that habit. That would be hard. I don't think Peyton even knows she could get out of bed if she wanted...I hope it stays that way!

one of nettie's girls said...

ALL kids go through this at some time. Good idea with the sticker chart. I am so glad that Elsie is better now.

Jenne said...

oh, she looks so proud! before you tackle the next "issue" you might consider giving her another chart / prize with the same goal. gotta cement that habit!!!

-The Riegelmann Family- said...

Jenna looks sooooo proud of herself, what a good idea!

Tonya said...

I am glad to hear Elsie is better too! What a thing to have to worry about! I love the pictures and how happy Jenna looks at her accomplishment!