Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ginormous

Ginormous is a word.  It's in the dictionary thanks to Buddy Elf.  Anyways, what is a girl to do when she is home alone and spots a GINORMOUS spider crawling on the ceiling in her bedroom?  The choices...

a.  Considers staring at it for the next 45 minutes until husband gets home 
b.  Considers smashing it with a shoe, but fears that she will not quite get it and instead just fling it off the ceiling and into her bed.
c.  Considers  smooshing it but fears the dreadful "crunch" sound, and dreads the skittish run into the bathroom to flush it down the toilet (just in case it is still alive somehow).
d.  None of the above.

Here's what I did...
1.  Watched it for a moment.  It wasn't on the move.
2.  Prayed that it wouldn't make it's escape while I planned for step three.
3.  Ran like lightening to the hall closet to retrieve the vacuum.
4.  Ran back to the room, spotted spider.  Thank you Lord.
5.  Plugged in vacuum, and sucked that spider deep into the machine, making sure that it was never coming out.  
6.  Blogged about it.  Hey, I'm proud of my accomplishment.  
7.  Scratched my neck a few times, and brushed at my legs.  It feels like they are all over me!  I think the large spider sent his friends...

6 comments:

Jenne said...

What?! No pause to take a blog picture of this very impressive beast?

Yeah, some things are better left unsnap-shotted.

Now I'M brushing at MY legs!

Megan said...

Whew, I hate spiders! ..and about the secret, I am going to be very very mean--it can't be told until sometime NEXT month! --You have many many blogs! Which one do you update the most?

Megan said...

I admit, I thought about taking a picture for my blog, but I was pretty sure that if I added any more steps to the exterminating process I would loose the arachnid and forever regret it!

Brandy said...

Eeew. One time I didn't kill one and just kept watching it all day to make sure I knew where it was so Ben could kill it when he got home. Needless to say, I came back into the room and it was gone. I slept horrible that night.

Irene said...

Hey Megan! So Michael got me a bug vacuum for my birthday. It sucks the bug (spider!) in and kills it instantly. Some of those bug vacuums just trap them but don't kill them...yuck. So anyway, I am all for the vacuum and am so proud of your moment of bravery.

Tonya said...

Um, what about the choice that included the spider jumping off the wall at you and attacking you? It could happen you know.....