Sunday, May 11, 2008

fevers, poo, vomit, blood...happy mother's day

Yup, my kids really wanted to show me how much I do for them and how I take care of them by being sick on mother's day. Eric had to work so I was on my own with a fussy Elsie who had a couple impressive blowout diapers, a fever on and off all day, and who threw up three times. The blood was from Jenna. She fell on the pavement and scraped her knee bad enough that she was limping and wouldn't walk on it after a while. Sigh. Someday they will wake me with breakfast in bed but for now I will care for them and love them and be thrown up on and pooped on... It was an exhausting day but that is the life of a mother sometimes :) And I am not complaining. I love being a mom, and taking care of my sick hurt babies is truly a privilege.

Here's Elsie in the sink for a bath after blowout number two.  

12 comments:

Tonya said...

So sorry! Hope this week shapes up a little better for you!

Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenne said...

I am truly impressed with your attitude. That took some serious self-control and reliance on the Holy Spirit!

Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Faith said...

Sorry to hear about your "interesting" mother's day. I'm impressed with your attitude and like you said, they will make it up someday!!

Whitney said...

Megan! i read your site! What do I do when you go private!?
Elsie is sooooo cute!!!!!

keely steger said...

I too am very impressed with your attitude. I don't know that I could have done the same.
Have you started Deerslayer yet? Slow start, but it gets better!
Hope everyone is 100% today.

terry said...

megan,

Your girls are absolutely adorable! It is such a blessing to see what a godly mother you are.