Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Jenna


It is hard to believe that Jenna is already three years old. Sigh, sniff, sniff.

It was amazing this past year to watch her change from a shy, obedient little two-year old into a confident, polite, outgoing three-year old. It's a pleasure to watch her grow and mature. I look forward to being both mom and friend to her for years and years to come.

Here's Jenna in a nutshell.
-She love the color purple. If purple is an option, then purple is chosen.
-She makes up songs. Her most recent one is titled, "The Rainbow Express the Lord". We caught it on video, and it's cute.
-She LOVES being with friends. And she LOVES her cousins.
-She knows all her letters and numbers, and is starting to write a few.
-She adores her dad, and for good reason. He's the best.
-She is a great sister.
-She loves books and always wants us to read to her. She has a few books memorized and reads them to us.
-She loves watching movies and tv. Friday night movie night is her favorite.
-She loves vegetables.
-She loves ice cream.
-When asked if she has a pet, she says yes. But we don't. She loves her stuffed kitty, and it is as close to a real pet as she will get for a while.
-She can't start her day until she has on her jewelry - two necklaces and two bracelets. And she wants to wear a dress or skirt every day.
-She loves to teach me how to do things, and loves to play that she's the mother and I'm the daughter.
-She loves church - singing the songs, learning about God, being with friends, creating Bible art.

So sweet Jenna, happy birthday. I don't know if you will ever read this post but if you do, I hope you can see how very much I love you. I can't wait to see God's plans for your life, and I will pray for you each step of the way. I love you baby girl!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love and pray for you, too, princess. You are so special to your mimi and me. Megan and Eric, thank you so much for letting us share in the party on iChat. It was fun to see all the princesses and scallywag pirates (even Drake!) Hope we can see you all soon.

Bruce

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday little Jenna! I dont know you well, but every time I am around you, you remind me of a little ray of sunshine!

Tonya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith said...

happy birthday today jenna. thank you for letting me share in your princess and pirate party. sorry i was a little quiet..my mommy called it an "off day" i really like you and can't wait to play with you again!

peyton

Bronwyn said...

Megan, I just finished this post with tears running down my cheeks. Your email is so tender- full of the love a Mom has for her daughter. Thank you for giving us all little bit of Jenna in our day. She is a blessing indeed. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. Much Love,
Bronwyn

ang said...

March 10th rules. Happy Birthday, Jen. Thanks for being my friend.

Love,
Ty

Brandy said...

Happy birthday miss Jenna! You are such a sweet little girl. Hope you had a great birthday party! Meg, I can't believe how fast these last 3 years have flown. You are such a great mom, I hope to spend some more time together in the future! Thanks for loving your little girls so much, it is so encouraging.

B.E. ing Arnold said...

Princess Jenna!
Happy 3rd Birthday, little lady! Your mommy is right, you have been maturing into a little lady and super social. You are a joy to be around.
Brian and Emily