Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Wood Family Update...by Eric

I recently read a book called 48 Days to the Work You Love. The great Dave Ramsey recommended it more than once on his radio show to people in my position--unhappy and frustrated at work. The book encouraged me to search my soul and determine what I was born to do, what gets me excited. It said you can actually be happy at work (a concept COMPLETELY foreign to me!). Two weeks after reading the book, and after two weeks of some good soul searching, the good Lord gave me a very strong desire to join the Gresham Police force. I know God doesn't speak audibly right now (Rev. 22:18-19) but He was sure active in guiding me to this decision. Get this--the morning I first gave this idea some serious thought, the FIRST story on the FRONT page of the newspaper was an article about how the Gresham Police Department needs to hire 6 officers soon! Praise the Lord! He is good and faithful to shepherd His children.
So, I talked to my boss (my father-in-law, Drake), got his blessing, and I applied! I take a written test on October 14, and that's all I know so far. I've heard this is a long process. Megan and I just get more and more excited the longer we wait. We would appreciate your prayers as you remember us, way up here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We trust the Lord, and firmly believe His promises, "that for those who love God all things work together for good" (Rom. 8:28).

3 comments:

keely steger said...

Wow. Big changes ahead! We'll be praying for you guys, E!

Alison said...

GO E!!!! Like father, like son! I am so excited for you!

DEBTective said...

Dollface, I'm big-time proud of you for wanting to get a job that lights your fire. Do that, and the dough will follow (not to mention the contentment). Great job, baby! Thanks for listening to Dave and for trusting The Man Upstairs. www.debtective.com