Friday, September 15, 2006

My career also includes photography...

I love taking pictures. This love started back in 8th grade when I had a photography class with Mr. Dunton (was that his name? I know it started with a D. Hmm...), and has been on pause until about 18 months ago when Jenna was born.

I think it is great that we have her whole life captured and stored on our wonderful Apple computer. A big part of why I take so many photos is so that our family and friends in Oklahoma and California (and Washington and Ohio and Idaho and countless other locations) can feel close to Jenna without being able to be near. All of this to say, in 18 months we have taken thousands and thousands of photos. I would give you an exact count, but there are a few in there that aren't of Jenna - such as this one...


And this one...


When you photograph children, you end up with some great pictures but you also end up with some out-takes that never quite make the blog. For instance, to get this picture:


You also end up with this...


And to get this picture:


You get a few of these...



And then there are the ones that should be deleted instantly, but we keep those too. For example...

(the stuff coming out of her nose...um, we call those slugs. Snot slugs)

Sometimes I worry about our next little one. Will they feel unloved because we didn't take 3,000 pictures of them in their first year of life? Nah, I think my love for photography will only continue to grow. I guess that means our hard drive needs to grow as well.

4 comments:

keely steger said...

that tulip picture is GORGEOUS! my favorites!

the snot slug...not so much. i don't look forward to those days! :)

Megan said...

I must give credit to my Father-In-Law for that tulip shot. Oh I just love it! Funny how I was talking about how I love to take pictures and one of the pics I post is not even my own work. Oh well.

Greg and Andrea said...

I love the "also end up with this" pictures of Jenna. This blogging stuff is too fun. Megan, you're quite the pro!

auntievee said...

I think this "to get this" is a great book concept! Pitch it to a publisher and you could have a bestseller on your hands.