Monday, August 21, 2006

A girls weekend!


Ang and I went to visit our dear friend Holly in Seattle for the weekend. It was such a great time! Ang and I talked (uninterrupted by kids) the ENTIRE way there and the ENTIRE way home. You would think that in six hours we would run out of things to talk about, but nope. It was great!

I love Seattle. It is such a beautiful place to visit. While there for this visit we went to Pike's place, went to a bbq right on Lake Washington, went to my friend Becka's church, and did a ton of reminiscing. One crazy thing was that our hotel lost our reservation - and they had no vacancy - so at 10:30 pm Ang and I ventured out to find some shelter. EVERYTHING was full! Why you ask? Well, there was a Hemp Fest this weekend. Welcome to Seattle! Finally at 1am, after almost staying at a motel that reminded me of My Name is Earl, we snuggled into a CLEAN bed about 10 miles North of where we were expecting to be. Memories :)

It was so fun to see Holly. There are so many dear friends from my past that I wish I could spend more time with. But I have come to accept that different seasons of life bring different friendships. All hold a special place in my heart.

And of course, it was so good to come home to this smiling face...

3 comments:

Hollie B. said...

Seattle sounds like hippie central. I'll swing by your site, since you've decided to move! But I'll have you know that I had to create an account, go through the rigamaroll and make a username and all of that just for you.....it wasn't so bad though :-).

faith said...

We were in Seattle at the same time!!! Bryan and I went for Scott Dahlman's wedding on Saturday and stayed until Sunday! I'm so glad you and Ang had that time together...girl time is so good and hard to come by when you're a mom! Hope we can all hang out soon. Glad we'll be doing M2M together!

Whitney said...

Of course I will visit your site! I go to Keelys all the time, and shes a blogspoter as well. :)